Most prevalent New Vinyl Windows are available as Retrofit and Replacement Vinyl Windows
It can be decided which one to use, by checking the inches. It should be less than 3 inches from outside point, for Retrofit frame, so flush fin can rest up to the inside point, till the end of old frame. And, more than 3 inches, for Replacement frame.
Installing Retrofit frames:
- Drill 3/8″ holes in the parts of the frame.
- Remove old panels and apply sealing at the face of aluminium frame kept aside.
- Insert the window at the applied caulk.
- If the window is out of square, then place a shimming material between the bottom of the window frame and sill.
- If it is square, insert a 3″ deck screw into 3/8″ holes and wood studs. And, remove the sliding panel.
- Install the sliding panel, by inserting one screw in the bottom centre, and then applying the caulk around the screw head.
- At outside, seal the gap, where the retrofit fin meets the exterior surface of the home.
- For inside, first plug the 3/8″ screw holes.
- Block the gap around the new frame, via insulation. The, install trim around the inside for completion.
- Seal at the meeting point of trim and wall.
Installing the Replacement frame:
Same procedure is for inside, as Retrofit frame.
- Apply the flat trim.
- Apply sealant to the old frame.
- Cut the top and bottom trim pieces after measuring.
- Apply adhesive part of the trim at Vinyl Window Frame, and the other part should link to the applied caulk.
- All four sides are to be trimmed, and apply caulk at the meeting point of trim and exterior material.
Follow the guided steps, and complete the installation fruitfully.